Gone are the days of manually entering individual business card details into a contact data base. The new Sharp series has some great built-in optical character recognition (OCR) capabilities which means that not only can they scan to searchable PDFs and editable Microsoft Office documents, they can OCR several business cards at once.
The OCR features include:
- You can scan a business card, extract the name and telephone number from the text string read by OCR, and create and send a vCard or other file.
- This function can be used with Scan to E-mail, Scan to FTP/Desktop, Scan to Network Folder, and Save to External Memory Device.
- Up to 20 business cards can be placed at once.
- The user can auto-extract the card owner’s name and save the vCard based on the name of the card owner.
Using OCR is perfect for:
- Salesperson keeping track of new contacts
- Sales managers who require sales reps to provide proof of cold calls
- Anyone who wants to digitise their Rolodex full of old business cards.
Now that’s SIMPLY BETTER BUSINESS.